SOAR ADOPTION FEES (payable in cash or by check):
Cats (6 months and older) $65
Kittens (cats under 6 months) $45
- At the time of adoption, all animals will have all age appropriate vaccinations and will be spayed or neutered.
- Cats (upon arrival) will be tested for the feline leukemia and feline immunodeficiency viruses when their testing histories are unknown.
- Dogs (upon arrival and/or annually) will be tested for heartworm and subsequently put on heartworm treatment or monthly heartworm prevention as applicable.
- You must agree to take your new pet in for regular vet visits, checkups and health maintenance.
- A fenced-in yard is preferred for larger dogs.
- Please feel free to bring other dogs that are already a part of your family to SOAR to meet your potential new pet. (In fact, we encourage this).
- Cats must remain strictly as indoor house pets.
- Home visits may be required by SOAR before adoptions are completed.
- Please go to aps.brunswicksheriff.com/ordinances for NC General Statute and Brunswick County Ordinance provisions governing animal ownership.
- Please view an adopted animal as a lifetime commitment; carefully consider key elements of your current and possible future lifestyles in arriving at adoption decisions.
- For some great tips on bringing a new cat or dog into your life we encourage you to visit the following sites:
- For help with saving money on pet care without compromising the quality of your pet’s care please go to https://www.couponchief.com/guides/ultimate_guide_to_saving_money_on_pets
Caesar says… “Thanks for thinking of us…
Contact us today to get started!”