- At the time of adoption, all animals will have all age appropriate vaccinations and be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs (upon arrival and/or annually) will be tested for heartworm and subsequently put on heartworm treatment or monthly heartworm prevention as applicable.
- You must agree to take your new pet in for regular vet visits, checkups and health maintenance.
- A fenced-in yard is preferred for larger dogs.
- Please feel free to bring other dogs that are already a part of your family to SOAR to meet your potential new pet. (In fact, we encourage this)
- Cats must remain strictly as indoor house pets.
- Home visits may be required by SOAR before adoptions are completed.
- Please go to aps.brunswicksheriff.com/ordinances for NC General Statute and Brunswick County Ordinance provisions governing animal ownership
- Please view an adopted animal as a lifetime commitment; carefully consider key elements of your current and possible future lifestyles in arriving at adoption decisions
- For pre and post adoption tips please go to https://www.petfinder.com/pet-adoption/cat-adoption/ and https://www.petfinder.com/pet-adoption/dog-adoption/
Caesar says…”Thanks for thinking of us…
Contact us today to get started!”